Talk

Advanced search

Deodorant for 9 year old...assume i can get any?

(8 Posts)
EttiKetti Wed 08-Jun-11 07:11:09

My dd says she's sometimes smelly when.its hot or she gets a bit sweaty, so we're starting shower every morning and I'd like to get her a deodorant. Am I right in assuming anything is ok for her?

Not seen anything specifically for children, so just wondered and also is spray, roll on or solid best?

AnyFuleKno Wed 08-Jun-11 07:32:32

I think dove dry stick would work well, the fragrance is subtle but it keeps your pits sweat free.

Cremolafoam Wed 08-Jun-11 07:44:27

or try a crystal- no smell at all and no chems

BlooCowWonders Wed 08-Jun-11 08:19:41

best not to use aerosol - my dd's school have banned them for the PGL trips, so might be best to get your dd started on roll on from the start. I've got Simple for mine - unscented etc

starfishmummy Wed 08-Jun-11 08:21:59

I use a stick for DS - got it from our local organic shop and it doesnt contain any nasties.

CeliaFate Wed 08-Jun-11 08:51:45

My dd uses Dove stick too. If I gave her an aerosol we'd all be gassed!

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Wed 08-Jun-11 18:18:18

Only thing with sticks is that they tend to break off.

Although I suspect that's just me grin

Assuming it's not yet bad enough to justify Mitchum (it was when I was 9 sad ) then Lush do a nice underarm thingy. I've used this before and it was surprisingly effective.

In all honesty though I'd pick up whatever was on offer at the supermarket.

EttiKetti Wed 08-Jun-11 18:39:29

She chose a "Mum" roll on - my goodness it brought back memories! Decided to let her smell them all herself and choose but vetoed aerosol before we got there wink

Thanks all, I havent actually smelt her yet but do believe her as she said "you know how [dd1]s clothes smell under the armpits? I smell like that after PE and when I get a bit hot at school" grin Accurate description of my teen's never put in the wash clothing!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: