Talk

Advanced search

Making the move from crop tops to bras?

(8 Posts)
lexcat Sun 29-May-11 18:14:19

Dd (10 Y5)wears crop tops sometimes but not a school as she was been teased. Things are changing now as the main child who teased is now giving dd funny looks when they change and telling her to cover up. Dd started with crop tops due to tender nipples so had very little to cover.

The funny thing is if dd is warm she becomes some what larger in the bust area and could fit a bra , but if she's cold she's not far off been flat chested. Her crop tops are getting a bit tight for her but not sure about moving her on to a bra yet. Plus no one else wears a bra or a crop top mostly because those who have get teased.

lexcat Sun 29-May-11 19:33:03

Anyone

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 30-May-11 10:58:05

If she needs it, she needs it. Why would the tormentor being giving her funny looks? Is it possible that she is jealous?

LIZS Mon 30-May-11 11:00:37

Well dd reports that several of her Year 5 peers are already wearing them , some of whom I wouldn't have said were developed enough yet. I'd leave it up to her choice tbh.

lexcat Mon 30-May-11 12:04:13

That the funny thing though it's a mixed class with Y6's dd says no one wears crop tops or bras but a lot are wearing vest tops under their shirts including the one child who is the worst for the teasing. Luckily she and her little group are Y6 (except one) so hoping the problem won't be their in September.

I won't say dd is really developed enough in my eyes but she would just fit a aa cup. On the other hand don't want dd embarrassed about her changing body so am happy to buy her a bra it that helps things. Plus she still in getting tender nipples from time to time.

The other thing is padded or unpadded as I've hear the slightly padded ones give better covergage and better for tender nipple.

Madlizzy Mon 30-May-11 12:07:32

M&Co do some nice little bras which are just triangles of material. They start at age 11-12. I bought them for my DD when she was getting the mickey taken out of her for not wearing a bra.

Surprised at the teasing for crop tops, they were standard before bra wear in my DD's year 5 and 6 classes.

lexcat Sat 04-Jun-11 15:17:51

I bit the bullet and got dd a M&S set of bras. Bless dd just fits a 30 aa.
I brought one set of two but dd wants more, I don't what to spend a fortune for her only to grow out of them. Plus I don't think she'll wear them all the time it's more for when she feeling tender. Does anyone know how long till I might need to have a girly shop to m&s again.

We decided on the slightly padded ones as dd thought they were more comfy and I think looked better and gave her a little more modesty (no sticking out nipples).

vickibear Fri 01-Jul-16 07:16:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now