loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nursery Education 2010-11 - confused!!

(4 Posts)
Pipsicle Tue 20-Oct-09 13:25:07

Hi there

Can someone tell me:

Is there a minimum number of sessions that my DD will have to do?? Someone mentioned to me 5 mornings is the norm....

Also if the school is 'free' i.e govt funded I take it the 15 hours (or whatever it is) you get per week would be unused for me?? Or could I use them with a childminder or for wrap around care if the school offers this?

Anyone, been there and done that and knows??

Thanks

LIZS Tue 20-Oct-09 15:09:59

I think they get first claim on your funded hours, so if 15 hours you wouldn't get both. Many school nurseries have a minimum attendance of 5 sessions a week but you may be able to ease your dd in more gradully.

Plonker Tue 20-Oct-09 21:46:45

Well, it's not unused if your child is accessing a state nursery - your child will just be getting her funded hours there.

You would need to speak to the school with regards to the hours that your dd will do.
At the moment lots of schools do 5 morning or 5 afternoons, but there is a move away from the standard 'sessions' and all provisions (maintained and non-maintained) are being encouraged to meet parental demand and be as flexible as possible.
The settings should be using the 15hours as hours and not sessions if that makes sense?

Pipsicle Thu 22-Oct-09 13:21:05

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now