Talk

Advanced search

Preschool newbuild project

(4 Posts)
Clare999 Thu 01-Oct-09 23:18:04

Hi

I'm on the committee of a preschool that is currently starting a newbuild project. We've been fundraising for a while but just starting out on the proper "project".

Has anyone any experience of this or can offer any advice on project managing the build, funding/grants etc, what professional help is needed & where to get it?

Thanks
Clare

LeninGrad Fri 02-Oct-09 00:04:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mayron Fri 02-Oct-09 07:10:48

Hi - i'm Chair of our pre school and we've been in disucssion with the Local Authority for almost 12 months about a new build. They are fully funding the move/new build onto the site of a local primary school - planned to open Sep 2010 so we can offer flexible childcare and the increase to 3 hour sessions. We are currently in a community centre. Speak to your Early Years Development Worker - you may be able to access a similar pot of money! This all came about following an audit of our current location and the restraints of running a pre school in a community centre! We've had to have a business health check, do market research through questionnaires to parents and future parents, put together a business plan and formed a steering group with ourselves, head, chair of governors and nursery teachers from the school and our development workers from children's services - we've had lots of meetings!! I'm often asking myself why I ever volunteered to be chair...........

Clare999 Thu 08-Oct-09 20:02:09

Hi

Thanks for the advice - something to work on!

Clare

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now