Talk

Advanced search

If a parent informs Pre-school their child has head lice, should the Pre-school put out a notice?

(5 Posts)
boneybones Fri 18-Sep-09 16:51:10

Is it an ofsted requirement

GiPi1 Fri 18-Sep-09 22:41:42

I think that the pre-school should put out a notice as a matter of course, but don't think it is an ofsted requirement. I don't think the pre-school can force the child to stay away either, until the headlice have been eradicated.

I know that my childrens school put out notices but they cannot force the parents to keep their child away from school until the headlice have been elimated. Nor can the force the child to be treated !!!

Hope this helps

paisleyleaf Fri 18-Sep-09 22:43:25

They do at ours
but I wouldn't think it's an ofsted requirement

cktwo Sat 19-Sep-09 09:09:29

DD1's school does it and so does DD2's pre-school. It's more best practise that a requirement.
IME Some parents will quite happily take their child home and de-louse immediately and other don't give a toss.
Wehad one parent who did nothing for months with her children's heads. Despite sensitive assistance by the pre-school we had to pass it on to the HVs to deal with.

Ripeberry Mon 21-Sep-09 16:23:28

It's only fair on the other parents and kids to just advise that head lice are doing the rounds and maybe encourage everyone to have a 'de-lousing' weekend so at least they will all be clear the following week.#
As long as everyone joins in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now