Talk

Advanced search

Shy little girl and settling her in

(3 Posts)
happytobemam Thu 03-Sep-09 19:17:02

My little girl started going to nursery in April (I wanted her to start with just a few hours a week to build up to 15 hours this September). The nursery is a small lovely group and the staff are wonderful. However, my daughter (now aged 3) is very shy and found it hard to settle. By the time the summer holidays came she was getting on ok and had good and bad days.

Next week she is going to pre-school 9-3 for 2 days and then 9-12 for one day.

I'm very worried about her settling in as this is now the older group at the same nursery as before but obviously, different staff etc. Again the staff are lovely, but I do worry how she will settle in and I am expecting lots of tears. Does anyone else have this experience or any advise
Thanks
x

Runoutofideas Thu 17-Sep-09 16:52:33

Just saw this and realised no-one had replied to you...Just wondered how your little girl is getting on? My dd1 did the same hours last year - she's just started in reception this year, and it did tire her out initially, but she soon got into the swing of things. It is almost like starting again after the summer though, as it's such a long holiday in the eyes of a 3 year old. In case it helps, my dd1 (who used to be shy and took a while to settle) ran into school today leaving me outside the classroom perfectly happily. Another year can bring bog changes... Hope all's going well.

Runoutofideas Thu 17-Sep-09 16:53:13

Big changes not bog - ha ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now