Talk

Advanced search

Treasurers, please help as I can't bear to re-invent the wheel

(7 Posts)
cktwo Mon 17-Aug-09 20:38:40

I need to write a financial policy/procedure document. Whilst I know you all probably do things slightly differently if I could get hold of a copy I'd be really grateful.
At the moment, the old committee has left and the new one hasn't really got going so there is only me holding things together and I really don't have the time to sit and write one.
Any help would be very very gratefully received. smile

MrsPurple Mon 17-Aug-09 23:13:56

Hi I haven't a policy but didn't want you to go unanswered. If you do a search for committee treasurer policy, it brings up a few items which might help. You don't say what type of committee?

cktwo Tue 18-Aug-09 18:20:39

Its a volunteer management committee of the pre-school.
Thanks for your reply, though. I'll do a search

Mayron Fri 21-Aug-09 19:35:10

I was given a Fees policy by our Early Years Development Worker - if that's of any use? We've just adopted it our last committee meeting and plan to use it from September. We are also a voluntary managed committee. I'm happy to e.mail you the policy if you think you need it.

cktwo Sat 22-Aug-09 20:31:00

Thanks Mayron for your reply. I have a fees policy but iI'm looking for something that describes the financial procedures eg receipting for money coming in, paying of invoices etc. Does that make sense?

Columbiancoffee Thu 27-Aug-09 15:56:19

Anu luck cktwo? We could do with one..... so any links would be most appreciated...(blush)

cktwo Fri 28-Aug-09 20:09:59

Nope. I have started one but it's getting too long winded already. I've tried Googling but nothing siutable comes up. There is a dicument on the Charity Commission's website, but again it's very lenfth and goes into too much detail for a little charity.
I guess it's another thing to add to the to do list sad....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now