Talk

Advanced search

Quick question complaint has been made about a teacher and how she "handled" my DD

(26 Posts)
JustcallmeDog Thu 06-Aug-09 22:52:06

Message withdrawn

trixymalixy Thu 06-Aug-09 23:02:31

I would be very upset as well and would definitely complain.

I can't believe you weren't told about this!!!!

JustcallmeDog Thu 06-Aug-09 23:09:31

Message withdrawn

pollywobbledoodle Thu 06-Aug-09 23:21:51

how bizarre!

trixymalixy Thu 06-Aug-09 23:27:16

I would make an appointment to speak to the headteacher and calmly say that you have heard about the incident and would like some more details and would like to know why you weren't informed. I don't think that would get you a reputation for being a troublemaker.

JustcallmeDog Fri 07-Aug-09 08:05:50

Message withdrawn

KembleTwins Fri 07-Aug-09 08:11:00

I would be very surprised if there is no one in your dd's school during the holidays. The headteacher is contractually obliged to be "available" every day of the year (except Christmas) so you should be able to make contact and ask for an appointment. If there is no reply to the school phone, I would suggest going to the school - you will probably come across a few teachers clearing out cupboards and so on, and you may well find the headteacher. If not, you could leave a letter in a prominent place requesting an appointment to discuss the matter. If the hearing is the first day back, it's really important that you are allowed to discuss it beforehand. I think it's bonkers they didn't let you know about it.

JustcallmeDog Fri 07-Aug-09 09:14:51

Message withdrawn

bigstripeytiger Fri 07-Aug-09 09:22:38

Its outrageous that you wouldnt been told officially about this. Are you sure its true and that the other parent hasnt got something wrong?

TBH depending on the allegation I would be thinking about legal advice (is the complaint that someone assaulted your child?)

edam Fri 07-Aug-09 09:31:11

could you track the headteacher down via the governors? If you know any of their names, try the phone book. Or the school website.

Bizarre that they haven't told you, I'd be VERY pissed off about that.

JustcallmeDog Fri 07-Aug-09 09:35:39

Message withdrawn

bigstripeytiger Fri 07-Aug-09 09:37:41

If that happened to my DD I would be considering police/legal action.

savoycabbage Fri 07-Aug-09 09:42:00

Bloody hell! I would be devastated. It is very strange that they have not mentioned it to you! How dare they. Even if they thought the allegations were false they should have informed you.

Edam is right about tracking the head down through the phone book or governors.

charmander Fri 07-Aug-09 09:42:43

If you can't get hold of anyone at school, which I would think is very likely, try phoning your local authority who might be able to help you get in touch with someone.

You may have more luck speaking to someone at school just before they go back e.g. the staff go back at my school on 3rd Sept but children start on 7th. It is very unusal for teachers to not have a training day at the start of the year. Also staff may be in getting ready just before the strt. I doubt anyone will be around in a primary school now.

Good luck, I hope someone can help you, it is a rotten position to be in.

JustcallmeDog Fri 07-Aug-09 09:44:45

Message withdrawn

stealthsquiggle Fri 07-Aug-09 09:52:36

Write to the headteacher c/o the school, copying the chair of the governors (whose address/contact details may possibly be on school website?). Even if there is no-one physically in school all the time there will be someone there periodically - include lots of contact details and I am sure one or other will get back to you.

Umlellala Fri 07-Aug-09 09:53:59

The only thing I can think of is that they are trying to get someone qualified (not a teacher) to question dd so as to avoid being accused of asking leading questions/putting ideas in her head - ie to make it more likely that the teacher will be prosecuted.

But actually it is crap and you should have been told. Big hugs to you ad poor dd. I would ring the local authority if no-one at the school.

JustcallmeDog Fri 07-Aug-09 09:59:17

Message withdrawn

LIZS Fri 07-Aug-09 10:07:04

I'm surprised this is the first you've heard of the incident or complaint. Be a bit careful about jumping to conclusions wrt details, remember you only have heard one account so far. Not saying it didn't happen though. Agree contacting the head(assuming he/she is also responsible for the preschool) should be the first port of call, failing that presumably the other parent has a letter with a contact name on at the LEA who you could speak to and might pass on information.

purepurple Fri 07-Aug-09 10:15:33

I am amazed that nobody has contacted you regarding this accusation.
Just a thought, but have the pre-school got your correct address? You haven't moved and not told them? I just wondered if they had sent a letter to the wrong address.
Have you changed your phone number?
You need to chase this up and clarify what is happening.
Is the pre-school run by the lEA?
Some are run as private concerns but in the school grounds.
Is the pre-school open over the summer? Some run holiday clubs for school children, so there might be people there.

robberbutton Fri 07-Aug-09 13:05:11

Please don't worry about getting labelled as 'difficult' or a troublemaker - if you don't stick up for your child, who else is going to?

I wish you lots of luck with this

LeninGrad Fri 07-Aug-09 13:23:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JustcallmeDog Fri 07-Aug-09 16:30:01

Message withdrawn

JustcallmeDog Fri 07-Aug-09 16:30:51

Message withdrawn

Foxy800 Sun 16-Aug-09 09:16:40

I hope you get this sorted. I cant believe you werent informed.

Hugs to you and your dd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now