Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about MUZZY

(7 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 17-Jul-09 10:01:19

Is it any good? DD loves copying, as I guess most children her age does, her chinese SIL taught her a few words, she shouts at dora when they talk in spanish, and I know she is at the most receptive age to learn, and this wont last.

So is it worth the sale price of £105?

paranoidmother Fri 17-Jul-09 22:27:29

My DC can't stand it, some people's can. It's a lot of money and the program needs to be updated as it isn't drawn like dora or made quite as fun.

See if you can borrow one to have a look at or do they have a home trial period? I'm hoping to do more with DC's (2 & 4) later this year if possible but it won't be with Muzzy. They pick up more from Usborne and Dora - but that is just my experience.

sleepycat Fri 17-Jul-09 22:32:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

paranoidmother Fri 17-Jul-09 22:41:27

I would stick to dora with the dvd's - borrow from the library and also the book people do some cheap books to.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 19-Jul-09 08:44:52

Do Usborne do stuff too? I did not know that, thank you paranoid, I shall go take a look!

I will get some Dora DVDs as we don't actually have any yet! Just record them from Sky. Do the videos have more language on them? Not that DD will mind, she loves Dora, and Diego too, she talks to them all the time!

RubberDuck Sun 19-Jul-09 09:40:05

We bought it, and tbh I really regretted it and sold it on Ebay after a while. The animation is ageing badly and ds1 just wasn't interested in it - certainly learned far less language from it than he did from a few episodes of Dora the Explorer.

If you do decide to get it, then I would get it from Ebay - there are a LOT of copies on there normally, usually barely used and at a much more reasonable price.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 19-Jul-09 09:43:43

Thanks Rubberduck, I will go take a nosey on ebay, not paying for bad animation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now