Talk

Advanced search

When to apply for nursery school ?!?!?!

(8 Posts)
Alix2007 Fri 03-Jul-09 15:01:30

Can any one help, I am so confused ...

We want to enroll our daughter in nursery school (of a Catholic faith school). She was born in May 2007 and is now two years old. I called the council and they said they only deal with primary schools. They said to call the school. I did that but all calls go to voice mail. Can't find anything on the net. None of my friends know. Any ideas?!

ruddynorah Fri 03-Jul-09 15:02:45

what every time you call the school it goes to voicemail?

preggersplayspop Fri 03-Jul-09 15:06:22

I'm not sure, but my DS is about the same age and some of my friends have registered for pre-school starting in Sept this year I think. I think the criteria for entry are more on a first come first served basis rather than catchment (as for primary intake), but I could be wrong. You probably need to leave a message and wait for someone to call you back to confirm what their policy is.

Firawla Fri 03-Jul-09 21:09:24

if it goes to voicemail every time, when you go past i would see if you could pop in and ask, or does it not work like that?

purepurple Sat 04-Jul-09 08:33:16

leave a message and someone will call you back, hopefully or send you a brochure.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 04-Jul-09 08:35:56

I had to register DD for pre-school when was 18months, and only just got her in for this sept when she is 3, as it is a very popular nursery. It is not affiliated to a particular school though.

jeanjeannie Mon 06-Jul-09 13:26:37

Pre-schools where we are get very full - not enough places. DD1 just got a place in Sept and been on waiting list for 8 mnths when we also put DD2 down and she was just 8mths at the time!

We've found that if they're affiliated to a good school then their names go down when the LOs are virtually babies!

Boblina Wed 29-Jul-09 20:19:12

My DS was born is May 2007 too. I have put his name down at a catholic nursery. At first I had to leave a message for someone to call back. It took a couple of days. Being the school hols you will probably have to wait until September. We will not hear if he has a place until he is 3. We put the application in in June. So it seems a long wait. We will look at other nurseries in the area just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now