Talk

Advanced search

extra activities for 4 yr old...

(4 Posts)
mamatilly Thu 25-Jun-09 14:50:55

do you do lots of classes other than pre-school/nursery?

we don't do anything but am wondering whether a gym / swim/ dance class might be nice for LO, or is it too much too soon?

he goes into nursery on three days, other two days at home with me...

x

misshardbroom Thu 25-Jun-09 17:47:49

when my DD was preschool age she did 4 mornings a week, and ballet one afternoon (45 minute class). DS1 & DS2 have 3 sessions of preschool each but don't do anything else, the school routine tends to carve the day up too much and I find a lot of toddler gym type things tend to be too young for a 4.5 y.o

redskyatnight Fri 26-Jun-09 09:19:40

DD goes to swimming lessons one afternoon a week - but that is mainly because her big brother does to (he didn't start swimming lessons till he was school age).

We tend to just do stuff on our own or meet up with friends. The only other thin I do is sometimes go to library storytime. As pp says I find a lot of "groups" are aimed at younger pre-schoolers.

SiL on the other hand goes to a group every day with her 3 year old. She likes the routine of having her days planned.

Whatever suits you really ...

keresley Fri 26-Jun-09 21:26:34

My ds aged 4.5 goes to nursery 4 mornings a week plus does swimming on weds, gymnastics on thurs and ballet and tap on saturday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now