Talk

Advanced search

DS2 says his key worker smacked his leg at playgroup yesterday

(8 Posts)
plantwoman Wed 17-Jun-09 09:58:11

He is 2.5 He didn't tell me anything when I picked him up at lunch time. I found out last night after he'd gone to bed. I could hear him talking to DS1(4), so went up and DS1 told me. He said "X smacked DS2 on the leg"
So I asked DS2 a few questions, he said he had been fighting with another boy, he had hit the other boy and then X had smacked his leg.

I have tried talking to him about it this morning, but he is now coming out with all sorts of stuff, now telling me he banged himself, that one of the other staff smacked him and that he smacked her...I'm not sure if he is confused, or if it didn't happen.
Obviously I have to address it anyway, I am calling up playgroup now to speak to the supervisor, but I am rubbish at dealing with these things, just not sure how to address it, I don't want to throw accusations about, but I can't ignore it either.
Thanks

PortAndLemon Wed 17-Jun-09 10:04:28

I'd keep it non-confrontational as much as possible, just say "DS2 told me yesterday that [KW] had smacked his leg, and I'd like to discuss that with you"

At the same age DS used to claim that DH had hit him even though (a) neither of us has ever laid a finger on him and (b) I'd been watching the whole time and what had typically happened was that DS had fallen over while DH was standing three or four feet away. So I think there is some sort of tendency to attribute an accidental bump to the nearest adult when describing an incident.

Boco Wed 17-Jun-09 10:06:39

Dd1 told me when she was at pre-school that her keyworkers body was covered in thick black hair like a wild animal and that she ate children.

saintmaybe Wed 17-Jun-09 10:12:55

PMSL Boco!

plantwoman Wed 17-Jun-09 10:38:34

they had ofsted in all day yesterday hmm

JackBauer Wed 17-Jun-09 10:50:08

DD1 told me that she left her cardigan behind as a boy in her class had punched her in teh facehmm
She said this in earshot of her teacher who came running over and to reassure me that that boy hadn't been in school that day anyway, and DD1 had already been told not to leave her cardie lying about.

cory Wed 17-Jun-09 11:02:32

ds was 5 when he told his mum that they were teaching them wrestling at school

my MIL is 82 but she still cringes at the memory of how she went storming into the school

I'd go in very gently

redskyatnight Thu 18-Jun-09 11:03:11

DS has been known to accuse others of hitting him when they have accidently brushed past him, or indeed have been no where near him but HE has banged into something. I would just say that your DS is upset about an incident at nursery yesterday and could they tell you what happened.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now