Talk

Advanced search

Pre Schools attached to Primary Schools - Lease Agreement

(8 Posts)
Mayron Mon 08-Jun-09 21:00:10

I'm seeking help from Pre School Committee Members!

I'm chair of our pre school and we are currently in the process of a Capital Build application to relocate our pre school from a community centre to a new, purpose built pre school adjoining the nursery of the local primary school. Lots of changes in store.

As part of the application we need to draw up a lease agreement between us and the school. Not sure where to start?!?! About to visit PLA website............

Has anyone been through, or going through, the same process? Anything we should bear in mind when agreeing the lease with the school?

misshardbroom Mon 08-Jun-09 23:03:47

YES!!!

I've just spent all blooming evening writing ours!

If you CAT me I can send you the template I'm using that Sure Start gave me, or even a copy of our real one with the names taken off if it's any help.

LRB978 Mon 08-Jun-09 23:29:30

Didn't have a lot to do with ours, but will dig out copy if helpful (was drawn up by LA, we modified, argued, got somewhere near in the end). The one thing I will say is if you think of something, no matter how stupidly small, get it written in. Clarify absolutely everything.Our managers have been denied the keys to the building (power struggle with headteacher of school, LEA not helping), the cleaners open up and lock up. So whereas before we (directors/managers) used to occasionally go in on a weekend to do work, now we are denied that opportunity. Staff meetings have to be finished by 7.30 (full day care unit so can be open til 6.30 - leaves an hour max for staff meetings). Seriously, no matter how small, how petty, get it agreed in writing in the lease agreement.

Mayron Tue 09-Jun-09 08:47:02

Thanks both.

Misshardbroom - just subscribed to CAT so message should be with you.

LRB978 - will make sure we have clause in the lease about access and keys. Thanks. Sounds a bit unfair for you and your staff.

Feel a bit out my depth doing all this...............

misshardbroom Tue 09-Jun-09 11:09:04

I've just emailed you the framework I'm using and my work on it so far. This framework does include a big section on access, keys, terms of use etc.

Good luck, I'm hating every minute of it!

LRB978 Thu 11-Jun-09 23:32:21

Mayron

Sorry, just caught up with this. I am using that as an example but seriously, literally anything you think of, get written in. And be prepared for other issues as well. TBF there is a lot of history between our daycare and the school, and even issues we thought had been resolved have flared up since/never happened when they were meant to. I am not saying this to scare you, but to warn you that things may well not go smoothly (we have had a number of preschools moving into new builds in the area and all have had issues).

On that point, you are nowhere near the west midlands area are you? Because if you are, you could be close to me, and I may be able to point you in the direction of people who can help.

Mayron Mon 15-Jun-09 07:02:43

Pressure's off a little at the moment because we've been told a draft lease can accompany our application. Phew! Only had till the end of the week to submit the application and I've certainly found out that a lease agreement is something you can't rush!

LRB9878 - not setting up in west midlands. Were 'up north' - the north west. Thanks though.

lyle123 Thu 01-Jun-17 21:45:57

Please will you forward me your least temp im battling doing one now for a pre school my mother inlaw running

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now