Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

RECEPTION - do they start P.E. in the reception class?

(13 Posts)
Biglips Mon 08-Jun-09 20:40:58

as im just curious (as my dd1 is starting Reception in Sept)

thanks

smile

bigchris Mon 08-Jun-09 20:42:00

yes
you will be given a list of pe kit to buy smile

Biglips Mon 08-Jun-09 20:43:37

oh cool!

thanks

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 08-Jun-09 20:44:03

ours start in nursery class once a week
and have PE twice a week in Reception.

Biglips Mon 08-Jun-09 20:45:27

really! as dd1 said to me yesterday that she cannot wait to do P.E. grin

bigchris Mon 08-Jun-09 20:50:55

well ours are supposed to have it once a week
however the teaching assistant told me in the first term it took so long to get them all changed they were only in the pe hall for about 10 minutes before it was dinnertime grin
however they do other physical stuff like a 'wet welly walk' etc

funnypeculiar Mon 08-Jun-09 20:52:44

Yes smile
Ours didn't need trainers for the first term or so (they reckon adding shoes into the whole changing routine is best left as long as possible!)

Hulababy Mon 08-Jun-09 20:58:01

The children in reception at the school at work at all do PE. They can chose to do it in pants or vest or can take in shorts and t shirt. Most seem to go for the former.

LeonieSoSleepy Mon 08-Jun-09 21:00:03

Message withdrawn

GreatGooglyMoogly Mon 08-Jun-09 21:03:04

Ours do PE once a week and Multisports once a week. They wear shorts, t-shirt and plimsolls.

thecloudhopper Tue 09-Jun-09 21:13:27

In Wales each class including reception must have 2 seperate PE lessons a week minimum. Our children wear shortts and t shirt and go bare feet. Please put your name on the kit clearly as too often in the class I am inthe children muddle up and put their shorts and someone elses top in their bag ect. 90% do not have names in hmm

mrz Fri 19-Jun-09 19:48:00

I'm a reception teacher and we don't have PE lessons but have daily activities for Physical development.

TheFallenMadonna Fri 19-Jun-09 19:51:55

DD does PE twice a week. Have you had a new parent meeting yet? They'll tell you all about it all then I should think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now