Talk

Advanced search

We didn't scare our new Chair...much

(3 Posts)
Ripeberry Fri 24-Oct-08 11:14:05

Hi, i've been on this forum for ages going on about our lack of a Chairperson and parents not helping.
We had a joint meeting the the after school club who use the same building as we feel we should now be together as it was getting ridiculous, saying that one wall was for them (for their paintings), that we could not use some of their furniture and also both
committees want to sort out the playground.
The new Chair seems to have taken it all in his stride and the after school chair does not have anyone to take over so he has decided to stay another year and be the vice chair.
BUT, i've been held over a barrell because the other club don't even have a secretary and i was only made secretary of the pre-school because i bascially HAD NO CHOICE!
So now i've got double the work to do, until all the legal stuff is sorted and we can be ONE committee.
I'll give it a go, BUT if anyone moans about my "secretary" skills they can stuff it up their bottoms.
Sometimes i think that if it was a job i could just resign, but on a committee you can't as you'll piss someone else off, but with a job you give someone an opportunity.
Sorry for the rant, but i've been working my bits off for the last 3 weeks trying to find a Chair, getting parents to help, getting moaned at by play-leaders and Treasurers but the only thing that keeps me going is the children, as they would lose so much locally.
But i tell you NEXT year i'm resigning!

bumpybecky Fri 24-Oct-08 13:38:07

(((Ripeberry)))

great new about the new Chair but for you having even more work. Have you thought about moving house?! hmm or suddenly becoming allergic to children / all secretarial jobs? hmm

Ripeberry Fri 24-Oct-08 16:48:23

Lol! yes i have fantasised about moving, but its too nice here to even think of that.
Just trying to do my bit. But all the typing i've been doing the last couple of weeks means that i'm not too scared to tackle my childminding policies and i've finally got the ball rolling by sending off my application forms to register.
Just got to get all the EY2 forms together for the committee (most were filled in last night) but have a couple of stragglers.
I've put the chair down as the Ofsted registered person as he is well...the chair, but all correspondence to come to the pre-school, that way we don't get too much Ofsted junk through when any of us resign.
I'm only doing secretary for 1yr, as DD2 is starting reception next September.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: