Talk

Advanced search

Nursery in Guilford

(9 Posts)
jabuti Sun 12-Oct-08 20:11:52

hi there!

we are moving to guilford next year and i would love to know what are the best nurseries in town. i would prefer to choose our neighborhood based on the nursery location, if its possible. since we dont have an address yet, offsted is no good for me at the moment.

if anyone has any tips, i would appreciate. our little one is 15 months old right now.

Foxy800 Mon 13-Oct-08 11:33:16

There are several nurseries in Guildford so I think your best bet would be to have a look on the internet because it all depends on what you require as to which one would suit you.Hth

jabuti Mon 13-Oct-08 22:43:02

i feel so lost to be honest. right now my dd's nursery is lovely, with a really good offsted report, and only 4 minutes away from us. i just want a place that is safe (i.e. staff/child ration) and with cool toys. she is very motivated, so as long as she gets a cuddle once in a while and has lots of toys laying around, she will be happy.

because we dont know where we are going to live, it makes internet research so broad at the moment.

i was kind of hoping something like this: 'area x in guilford is nice to live and has a nice nursery nearby'. am i asking too much?

pagwatch Tue 14-Oct-08 13:23:53

jabuti
I live in the centre of guildford.
Housing in the centre is a real mixed bag so can't really comment.I love living in town centre - fab for me .
My DD left her nursery just over a year ago.
It was very nice but has now changed hands so can't really give you up to date info.It is in the centre though and had children from all around Guildford.
It is on the woodbridge road.
There is another nursery near me - the childrens centre but again that is in the centre of town.

The area towards Pewley is very nice and has a great infant school.
The area up Epsom Road and London Road and all points between is really nice too.
Butthe nice parts of Guildford are always going to be expenxsive - so i guess you need to think about budget.

Areas around the hospital and that way are
IMO not so nice.

Any help at all?

jabuti Tue 14-Oct-08 21:46:59

oh lovely pagwatch! thats what i needed, some direction. im going to investigate the areas you mentioned, and link them with the local nurseries on google.

we cant afford too expensive. im really looking for a back garden and some green around us. and piece of mind, which is not easy in london.

we liked the centre a lot, the stores and restaurants.

thank you again!

pagwatch Wed 15-Oct-08 08:49:30

No probs
If you come up with any specific questions just shout
grin
It is a nice place to live

ggglimpopo Wed 15-Oct-08 08:59:12

Hey Pagwatch, I used to live in the centre of Guildford!

pagwatch Wed 15-Oct-08 09:14:12

Hey
oww - why did you move ?
I love it.
walk to the shops. walk the kids to school. pop to the cinema. pop out to dinner. <<sigh.... heaven>>

Could do without the drunks outside my house late at night though .
Have big dog to help with that thoughgrin

ggglimpopo Wed 15-Oct-08 09:26:30

I was in MP and then moved to EG; where are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now