Talk

Advanced search

I want to spy on my DD 3 years at nursery

(6 Posts)
Sycamoretree Wed 24-Sep-08 15:28:53

I am fascinated. This is day 3. She seems to love it, which is great, but I can't make head or tail of what she tells me she's been up to.

This her first venture into the big wide world away from us. I am just so curious as to how she behaves. For instance, she told me yesterday she sang a song in the playground about nursery and everyone listened. She also said she watched a pretend film...hmm

She's not the type to make anything up so I expect these are just her own way of expressing what really happened, but really, I'm just fascinated to see her in this new social situation, in a totally indulgent PFB way!

Am I normal? I wish I could watch her on live feed on my computer at work all day!

WeeBesom Wed 24-Sep-08 15:30:48

grin Sounds normal to me! Sounds like she loves it.

Anna8888 Wed 24-Sep-08 15:32:52

I spy on my DD (3.10) - she's in her second year of French pre-school. I hide behind a tree during her break time blush.

Actually, lots of parents do it. The teachers know and generally seem to think it is quite standard parental practice and not to be discouraged.

Sycamoretree Wed 24-Sep-08 15:37:27

Ha ha Anna -don't encourage me!

witchandchips Wed 24-Sep-08 15:37:39

you soon learn to translate

"xxx doesn't share" = "xxx cried when i tried to take a toy that he was playing with"

"we did not have any lunch today" - "i've been having so much fun that can't remember that far back"

Sycamoretree Wed 24-Sep-08 15:43:57

That's so true. Every day so far she has told us that the little girls were naughty at story time but I think that's just because we reacted in a "oh really, what did they do" type of way the first time she said it (obviously knowing they were probably chatting whilst DD was a saint wink)

She also tells us that her teacher has a cup of tea and a biscuit whilst they all have their milk and fruit (little dobber!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now