Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone in swindon help me??? Nursery education

(9 Posts)
katylou25 Tue 23-Sep-08 10:36:42

We're looking to move to Swindon in the next few months, we're currently in Wales where the system is different and I'm going round in circles on the blimmin LEA website trying to find what I want so I thought I'd ask you guys...

Ds1 is 3 and as is the norm here has just started a year of half days in the nursery class of the local primary school, before starting reception full time next sept. I don't think many of the primary schools in swindon have a nursery class do they? So where do 3 year olds go? And do you get free places?

katylou25 Tue 23-Sep-08 12:44:51

Anyone? Are there no Swindonites out there?

mufti Tue 23-Sep-08 12:46:42

i used to live there ime most go to playgroup before school.

wannaBe Tue 23-Sep-08 12:50:53

Where abouts in Swindon are you moving to?

Children here are entitled too free nursery places from the age of 3.

wannaBe Tue 23-Sep-08 12:52:27

no playgroups here ime.

There are two preschools within walking distance of my house though, one is attached to a local school but they are independent, but it does mean that the school can get to know the children who move from that preschool into the school much easier.

katylou25 Wed 24-Sep-08 14:27:30

Thnaks for that - probably moving to old town or wroughton. Not sold our house yet tho it's a very slow progress.

mufti Wed 24-Sep-08 15:14:00

i used to live on old town, there are playgroups, and pre schools there

stealthsquiggle Wed 24-Sep-08 15:17:11

There are loads of private nurseries around which will honour the free hours from 3 - some better than others so you will need to check local knowledge in the area you end up in. A lot of the primary schools now have nursery classes, and there are a couple of 'surestart' funded co-op nurseries as well.

katylou25 Thu 25-Sep-08 11:02:46

Thanks everyone am hoping to move asap as Dh doing mon-fri back there, and its a hassle! Just need to sell our house...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now