Talk

Advanced search

a, not sure if i shou,ld say anything?

(14 Posts)
misdee Mon 22-Sep-08 18:00:57

dd3 is at the nursery dd2 went to.

today, and on a couple of other days, when i have taken her in, her teacher/main carer hasnt been there to greet her. so instead of, how when dd2 was there, the teacher would greet them and ask where they wanted to go, it just seems a bit choatic and dd3 looks completely lost.

and i dont know if i should leave at that point as am not sure people know that dd3 is there.

misdee Mon 22-Sep-08 18:11:02

what i mean is, there is no adult to officially hand dd3 over to.

should there be?

am i being a fussy moo?

misdee Mon 22-Sep-08 19:32:37

anyone?

compo Mon 22-Sep-08 19:34:51

this happens at our nursery
some of the staff start early (when we go) and some start later (invariably dd's key worker), they work from 7.30am - 5 and 8.30 - 6 I think
so I often leave her looking a bit lost and the mornings are always chaotic
sometimes I stay until her toast is being served and she seems happier but mostly i'm madly dashing around to get to work for 9am

norksinmywaistband Mon 22-Sep-08 19:35:02

At DD& DS preschool there is someone who welomes you into the room, and ensures there are no escapees apart from that there is no handover.
If there is a particular problem with a child you can find their keyworker and mention it but otherwise it is kiss goodbye , run off and have fun

PandaG Mon 22-Sep-08 19:35:53

In the preschool I work in we have someone on the door to the outside into the corridoor, saying hello and ticking children in, and someone on the desk inside the playroom marking the register and answering queries. Is there not anyone taking a register or whatever?

I would ask the room leader what the etiquette is if you should be handing DD3 over to someone - I would want to know if a parent wa feeling uneasy and try to put it right. hth

compo Mon 22-Sep-08 19:35:57

just reread your post
I do always hand her over to someone, or at least try to in the general melee
do you have to be somewhere quick? school drop off maybe?

misdee Mon 22-Sep-08 19:36:50

she starts at 12.30

just feel uncomfortable with leaving her there with no official handover to an adult. today i had no idea who was in the room and who wasnt as couldnt see anyone i recongised. staff have changed since dd2 was there.

misdee Mon 22-Sep-08 19:43:42

i dont need to be anywhere fast at the time, but hung around liek a loose end today for a few minutes to see what was going on, and quite a few parets of that group of children were also still hanging about, as we hadnt officially handed over to anyone.

littlerach Mon 22-Sep-08 19:46:20

Does she not have a keyworker to speak to?

misdee Mon 22-Sep-08 19:47:25

yes. but she wasnt there!

misdee Mon 22-Sep-08 19:48:07

was trying to remember what that perrson was called. but yes i mean keyworker.

or even a stand-in keyworker for the group would be good.

2point4kids Mon 22-Sep-08 19:52:42

If there are staff there but just not ones that you recognise, then I'd say its fine to leave your DD with one of those.
Can you approach one and say 'I'm just dropping off DD, can I leave her with you to settle in?'
Thats what I've done with DS when his keyworker hasnt been there.

misdee Mon 22-Sep-08 19:53:51

but she has only been there a week.

its so different already.

i want to keep her home admittingly, as she is my baby, but she is loving nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now