Talk

Advanced search

montessori nursery teaching...anyone do this?

(6 Posts)
HonoriaGlossop Mon 15-Sep-08 11:08:09

This probably should be in 'employment' but there you go. Am thinking of doing Montessori training, looking to career change. Has anyone recently done this? Fulltime? Part-time?

And something that I just can't seem to find anywhere on the internet - how much does a full time, qualified Montessori teacher earn???!!!

Thanks!

HonoriaGlossop Mon 15-Sep-08 13:13:13

just a quick bump for this - hoping someone on MN can help....

am getting old, must career change soon grin

HonoriaGlossop Mon 15-Sep-08 16:12:23

Anyone home from a day's montessori teaching? grin

biscuitytrousers Tue 21-Oct-08 15:38:21

hi, i saw a stand at the baby show last week. they do full time and part time at the london college near selfridges or a handful of other regional centres and there is also a distance learning course. have a look on their website - http://www.montessori.uk.com/default1.asp

bit late in teh day but hope that helps!

marfy Tue 21-Oct-08 18:04:00

I should be able to answer any question you have about The Montessori Method and training to be a MOntessori teacher. I am a mother of 3 and have been a Montessori teacher(directress) for 30 years!! Am now privalaged to train Montessori teacher myself.... so fire away
Martha

marfy Wed 22-Oct-08 19:46:47

please look for Montessori education Uk web site where there is a list of Montessori accredited training providers...
Most do full and part time.. you need a diploma (level 4) to run your own nursery or go abroad, or manage a nursery. you would be qualified to work in a nursery not only a MOntessori one. all the colleges are private and they all offer something slightly different like university. Best to go and look at them, or get them to send you a prospectus.
hope this helps
martha

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: