Talk

Advanced search

I can't decide which preschool -wwyd?

(5 Posts)
AmIWhatAndWhy Wed 10-Sep-08 12:42:25

School 1 - In village hall, lovely light building, great staff, 2 minutes walk from home. But limited outdoor space, and activities are very structured.

School 2 - ground floor of a victorian house, huge garden with allotment, climbing frame etc. Children can go in and out as they please, huge craft area always set up. But 20 minutes walk away, and slightly 'run down' in appearance.

I like both of them and really can't decide. DS is being tested for ASD so I'm unsure if a structured environment would be a good or bad thing. The plus of school 2 is that the staff are well trained in speech and language development, which is something DS really needs.

He can start tomorrow, but I really need to just make my mind up.

AmIWhatAndWhy Wed 10-Sep-08 14:20:44

What would Jesus do? grin

compo Wed 10-Sep-08 14:23:09

school 1
being near is very important to me
(so I can get home to mumsnet clean quicker

compo Wed 10-Sep-08 14:23:53

they all have to follow the same curriculum anyway so I really wouldn't worry unless there is a specific concern with the staff at school 1

AmIWhatAndWhy Wed 10-Sep-08 16:08:54

Thanks, I'll still have DD anyway so the long walk might be a good thing, we pass the park too.

My instinct says school 2. My only reservations are it needing a good lick of paint, but so does my house wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now