Talk

Advanced search

is it normal not to have met your dc's nursery teacher?

(10 Posts)
beansmum Thu 04-Sep-08 20:28:02

that's it really. ds has just started morning nursery, we didn't bother with the afternoon sessions so this is his first time there. I haven't met his teacher and have only seen the teaching assistants in passing, I don't know any of their names. Should I try and introduce myself or is this normal?

LynetteScavo Thu 04-Sep-08 20:30:23

No.

Introduce yourself. I even introduce myself to my 9 yo's teacher.

beansmum Thu 04-Sep-08 20:51:01

hmm. ok. I don't know how though. There isn't really any opportunity to speak to the teacher.

LynetteScavo Sat 06-Sep-08 12:27:19

Phone up and ask for an apointment, just say you want to introduce yourself.

compo Sat 06-Sep-08 12:28:41

how do you drop him off without talking to anyone?

beansmum Sat 06-Sep-08 22:05:32

They all line up outside and the teacher takes them in, when I pick him up they are sitting in the 'story corner' and get sent out one by one, the teacher stays in the classroom until everyone has left.

I'll phone next week. They know nothing about ds or me, it's very strange.

MrsMattie Sat 06-Sep-08 22:07:06

Sounds mighty odd. Don't they communicate with the parents at all?

Reginaphilangy Sat 06-Sep-08 22:07:21

I would want to meet my dc's teachers.

Definitely arrange a meeting.

It does seem an odd arrangement especially in these times of the 'open door' policy ...

beansmum Sat 06-Sep-08 22:10:53

I think I may have missed out on the getting to know everyone bit by keeping ds at home last year. They seem to communicate by putting notes in pigeon holes. I got a message last week that Mrs X is ds's key worker. no idea who Mrs X is.

KatyMac Sat 06-Sep-08 22:11:55

Stay behind until everyone ha gone, then go in & introduce yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now