Talk

Advanced search

Do I have any chance whatsoever of getting ds a place at state nursery school for THIS term??

(5 Posts)
chipmunkswhereareyou Tue 02-Sep-08 17:34:19

I called the school office of the local primary which has a nursery section and they said they'd send a form but had no idea if they had a place until they reopen next week.
I know I should have dealt with this months ago but my work circumstances have changed and the day nursery he currently goes to costs a fortune.

I know it will depend on individual schools but generally am I barking up the wrong tree and have no chance of a place this late in the day?

sdr Wed 03-Sep-08 08:21:39

Keep in close touch with the school - it's surprising how many families move over summer and never think to contact the school. Your friendly contact could well pay off and should put you near the top of the waiting list. Good luck.

jelliebelly Wed 03-Sep-08 08:24:14

Definitely worth keeping in touch. One thing to bear in mind though is that if you are used to using a day nursery which is open from 8am to 6pm a state school nursery usually has school hours which might not suit your circumstances if you work

fishie Wed 03-Sep-08 08:24:34

i got one in aug despite having been told there wasn't one free till jan.

chipmunkswhereareyou Wed 03-Sep-08 08:57:32

That's encouraging - it's worth asking them isn't it - nothing to lose.

Jellie - I can work pretty flexibly and also although I haven't asked yet I think the day nursery does wrap around care so that's an option. The holidays would be a problem but I might be able to increase day nursery hours in the hols as I think they are pretty empty in the afternoons at the moment in the 3+ room.

I could do the five short mornings at the state nursery in term time + one or two day nursery afternoons so that there'd be continuity ready for the holidays at the day nursery I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now