Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

EYFS Planning - Looking for help!!

(4 Posts)
JellytotZ Tue 05-Aug-08 23:26:33

I have been signed up on here for some time but this is my first post! ....

I am hoping somebody out there can help me!

I qualified as a Primary Teacher last June 2007. I have recently started work in a nursery part time within the pre-school, and seem to be living and breathing the EYFS!
I have been asked by nursery manager to implement new planning according to the EYFS. I need help! Anybody already made a start with this? I am still pretty much tuned into The National Curriculum so any words of wisdom as to where to start or any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MegGriffin Wed 06-Aug-08 21:55:36

Have you visited the TES website. There is an early years section with many posts about this and other things which you might find useful.

mrz Thu 07-Aug-08 12:30:07

Basically you need to forget the National Curriculum, EYFS and teaching Early Years is a whole new ball game. Depending which LA you work for you may be able to access the Foundation Stage Forum free (£20 a year if not but worth it IMO www.foundation-stage.info/ )

A number of LAs have put planning exemplars on line which might help. www.childrenscentres.org.uk/ey_planning.asp primary.newham.gov.uk/eyfs_coordinators.html
I have just found this one so can't comment ...

c97.e2bn.net/e2bn/leas/c99/schools/c97/web/public/Early%20Years%20and%20KS%201/newspage/documents/EY FS%20-%20Planning%20sheets/?verb=list
www.e-gfl.org/index.cfm?s=1&m=178&p=5,index&zs=n

Have you got a copy of the new EYFS document (it was reprinted in June to correct mistakes and in an effort to make things clearer hmm)
you can order it publications.teachernet.gov.uk/ or download www.teachernet.gov.uk/teachingandlearning/EYFS/

you will also need to look at the new profile handbook
good luck

JellytotZ Thu 07-Aug-08 23:31:01

Mrz and Meg...THANKYOU!!! Big help! I really appreciate the time you have both taken to help me....I will look at the links now.... Ta!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now