Talk

Advanced search

Teddies Nursery

(11 Posts)
MrsTiddles Wed 16-Jul-08 18:30:01

Anyone have experience of this nursery chain?

I'm looking at the one in Twickenham.

any advice, comments, help, all very gratefully received.

lilyfire Thu 17-Jul-08 23:19:37

My son went to two different Teddies nurseries in SW London. The first one had a staff turnover which was far too high and he never really settled, or he'd settle, then someone would leave and he'd unsettle. The second one was better re staff turnover and he seemed much happier there. Other aspects of it were fine, as nurseries go. I suppose small niggles like the feedback wasn't great and I was never sure how well they knew him. My second son went to a childminder and I was so so much happier with that (but that's not what you asked). So main recommendation is ask detailed questions about staff turnover at the Twickenham one.

MrsTiddles Fri 18-Jul-08 09:19:03

THank you Lilyfire, that's actually really helpful to know. My DS gets VERY unsettled if his music class changes teacher, as in he just will not take part, so that's going to be an influence in where we send him.

amidaiwish Fri 18-Jul-08 09:21:22

i answered this on the richmond local thread

have used teddies twickenham west since just after it opened. generally very happy. having a break at the moment but will be bringing DD2 back in sept.

Amandella Sun 20-Jul-08 15:53:35

i've also used twickenham west since it opened and I've been really happy with it too! My dd is about to leave as she's now 4 and will miss it very much! amidaiwish - wonder if we know one another! (I was a member at amida too btw)...
grin

amidaiwish Sun 20-Jul-08 18:13:05

yes i think we do... daughter's name beginning with H!?

Amandella Sun 20-Jul-08 23:05:31

that's right!! give me a clue!!

amidaiwish Mon 21-Jul-08 08:38:36

ooh, i could have some fun here (or maybe just send you an e-mail?)

i have two daughters
DD1 4.5 upstairs in Learning Centre - she left the day before Larissa came back. Dark hair...
DD1 2.5 downstairs in Little Learners. crazy curly hair...

both came to your jilly jam jar party

bumped into you at soft play in shepperton a while back too

do you know now?!

Amandella Mon 21-Jul-08 08:54:15

Ooh yes!!! How funny! H leaving on Wednesday from Teddies and I'm quite sad. We should get our dd's together over the summer maybe? We are away for a couple of weeks - what about you?

amidaiwish Mon 21-Jul-08 09:13:33

do you know the day they left Teddies i was so sad. i dropped them off and had tears rolling down my face when i got back in the car. it really took me by surprise.

we were in spain for most of june (hence me finishing them early) so around for the summer. would be lovely to meet up.

Amandella Mon 21-Jul-08 10:41:59

yes, i'm dreading it!! we are off to France on Friday for 4 days and then back for a week or so and then off to Cyprus for 12 days and then back for rest of summer. probably easier if we communicate by email? do you fancy dropping me a line at jacksona@blueyonder.co.uk - really sorry, can't remember your name!! Remind me in email!! Would be great to meet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now