Talk

Advanced search

LITTLE KICKERS

(10 Posts)
mumma2cjh Sun 16-Mar-08 10:37:46

Just wondered if anyone would recommend this for my 3 year old? Im in Nottm but nearest is Leicester

Orinoco Sun 16-Mar-08 19:27:07

Message withdrawn

msappropriate Sun 16-Mar-08 19:29:55

lots of my friends kids do it and say their kids like it.

dinny Sun 16-Mar-08 19:30:09

ds (3 and a half) has been going for 6 months and really loves it, great coaches.

jollydo Mon 17-Mar-08 21:44:13

We considered it but nearest one to us was also some distance and it is quite pricey. We found our local leisure centre did a football club for age 2+, so have been doing that instead, MUCH cheaper & great. Might be worth you checking at your leisure centre to save you a drive.

wibbleweed Thu 20-Mar-08 19:59:28

We did Little Kickers when DS1 was between the ages of 3 and 4. He enjoyed it, but tbh I wasn't desparately impressed. Quite expensive (£7.50 per hour but then again I'm in SW London!) and although they were meant to have separate groups for different ages, in reality ours went from 2-5 which didn't work that well really. Also, there's a huge emphasis on stuff like recognising colours. V. important, but once DS1 had worked it out, he found this bit pretty dull. Certainly worth seeing if you can get a trial class first - but also have a look online and see if there's anything else locally.

windygalestoday Thu 20-Mar-08 20:00:36

omg i thought you meant clumpy boots s in kickers footwear.....

Heated Thu 20-Mar-08 20:15:53

Wondering about this too. Kickers is £6.50 in my area which I think is a bit pricey and divided into 2 age groups, the youngest class for up to 2yrs 3months hasn't got going really here, the 2-3 and 4-7yrs available.

I've checked out my local leisure centre and they do football sessions at £2.50 for 5yrs+, but am going to take your suggestion Wibbleweed & phone the others and see what's available for slightly younger ones.

toolly Wed 23-Apr-08 21:55:27

I don't know if the thread is still open, but all football clubs have a football in the community scheme. they provide different coaching schemes. My son (3.5) went to one in Norwich and it was £3 an hour. We have recently moved and the Crystal Palace scheme is £4. Good value and good coaches.

MummyOf3children Fri 04-Mar-16 17:47:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now