Little bruise from nursery

(9 Posts)
momomom12 Sat 16-Jan-21 16:11:27

My 3 years old son started to going nursery.
But yesterday, He hit his forehead on the door while he was going to the toilet with his teacher, and he got a small bruise and bump.
He said he didn't cry because it wasn't very hurt, and I don't think the teacher knew that my boy was hurt.
I know that small accidents where children fall and run can happen at any time, but I am concerned that it happened while the teacher was opening the door and guiding him.
Should I tell this to nursery? I'm afraid I'll be seen as an impetuous mother.

OP’s posts: |
Rtmhwales Sat 16-Jan-21 16:16:35

A small bruise? I'd let it go. Toddlers hurt themselves all the time. My nursery didn't even notice how my DS fell before they saw him a few moments later needing stitches next to his eye. It didn't make me question them.

SMaCM Sat 16-Jan-21 17:16:47

I wouldn't question them, but I would just say he'd walked into the door frame, so can they just keep an eye on him. I wouldn't mind a parent saying this to me.

insancerre Thu 11-Feb-21 18:08:07

I would question them actually
I work in a nursery and if I opened a door and hit a child I would do an accident form whether there was a bruise or not. This is basic safeguarding, safeguarding the adult as well as the child
Please raise this with the nursery

Hersetta427 Thu 18-Feb-21 09:52:11

A small bruise? When he starts school he will constantly be covered in bruises. They may have not even seen him do it. I definitely wouldn't be that parent.

TartanGoose Thu 18-Feb-21 09:55:08

They should have recorded it as it was a head bump. Children do bump themselves and fall over all of the time but you have to be more vigilant with heads.

Did the adult know he'd bumped his head?

extentioncord Thu 18-Feb-21 09:58:03

I work in a nursery and if I opened a door and hit a child I would do an accident form whether there was a bruise or not.

But if a leap from the OP isn't it?

insancerre Thu 18-Feb-21 13:31:27

@extentioncord
No, I don’t think so, it’s what the op thinks happened- I’m just saying I would do a form even if there wasn’t a bruise at the time

extentioncord Thu 18-Feb-21 13:34:16

insancerre

*@extentioncord*
No, I don’t think so, it’s what the op thinks happened- I’m just saying I would do a form even if there wasn’t a bruise at the time

OP never said the adult hit the child with the door

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in