Recommended tv or iPad games for a 2.5 year old

(4 Posts)
horatio2 Wed 21-Oct-20 21:40:37

Our son watches a couple of Peppa Pig episodes a day when cleaning his teeth, and occasionally at other times too. Now that he's 2.5 years old I don't mind him watching a little bit more TV from time to time so long as its educational and good quality. Any recommendations pls?

Also - does anyone let their preschooler / toddler play iPad games? I haven't but there does seem to be quite a few good ones teaching them to count etc. Again any recommendations? Thanks !

OP’s posts: |
Bramblecrumble Thu 19-Nov-20 09:39:06

An early years development teacher recommend a bing counting, block building game for 2-3 year olds. She said most other games are not really suitable until older. I've not tried it yet with my year old as might hold off a bit.

crazychemist Sat 23-Jan-21 15:02:30

My DD enjoyed “out and about on the farm” (voice over by Justin Fletcher) at that age. Numberblocks and alphablocks were also very popular. Nice short episodes (5 mins each). Something Special can also be good - I viewed it as good education about vocabulary and the world around us.

As far as games go, I introduced those quite a bit later, but CBeebies go and explore app is an ok starting point. Numblocks and alphablocks have apps, but I’d hold off on them for another 6 months or so - once my Dd had seen the TV shows several times she was much more comfortable with the apps.

Janek Sat 23-Jan-21 15:04:21

All toca Boca games. Some are more suited to younger children, but all of the ones we've downloaded have been played with and played with and played with.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in