Talk

Advanced search

I need ideas for nursery activities based on the topic of the weather please.

(4 Posts)
bensmum4 Tue 31-Jul-07 09:11:57

As the title says,Iam looking for ideas of activities to do with 4 year olds on the topic of the weather please.

FrannyandZooey Tue 31-Jul-07 09:15:22

Do you have a parachute available at nursery? You can tell a "weather story" get them to stretch it out for sunshine, make waves for wind, tap on it for rain, make big movements for a storm, etc. Any large piece of material will do (pref stretchy) if you don't have a parachute.

bensmum4 Wed 01-Aug-07 10:10:22

Great idea, thankyou.

jemum Thu 02-Aug-07 23:09:26

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is too babyish but I found an activity in a toddler book that might work.

On three cards draw simple weather pictures - bright sun, dark clouds with raindrops and then snow with a snowman.

Gather a bunch of articles of clothing like sunhat, bathing suit, sunglasses, raincoat, wellies, scarf, winter jacket, mits, etc.

Put the clothes in a bag and take out one at a time. The children would then say which type of weather the clothing matches with.

You could have more than three but I just used the three most extreme types of weather. You could also adapt to fit with the seasons.

Good luck!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: