Talk

Advanced search

Music education for preschoolers

(3 Posts)
Lilyhope1 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:42:21

Hello everybody,

I have two young boys: 1.5 and 3.5 years old.

I’m looking to find a good music program for kids that develops them musically from an early age.

Currently I’m using a 7 day free trial of Pomelody. Both me and my boys are really enjoying it as it’s not only songs but there are also cool audio stories and classes that i can do with my children.

I would like to try a few other similar programs that I can do at home before I decide on who to go with.

Thanks in advance, Lily

CruCru Fri 16-Feb-18 11:44:38

I'm not sure if it is what you are looking for but my daughter, in particular, really enjoyed Colourstrings. However, that would only work if you have a class near you.

littlepinkmouseofsugar Fri 23-Feb-18 09:47:55

I think you are trying too hard to be honest given they are 1 and 3! I certainly wouldn't buy special programmes for them!

Put the radio on when in the car and discuss different music types - how it makes you feel, what instruments you can hear, types of music - classical, jazz, rock etc.

Play nursery rhyme CDs and classical CDs at home. Dance and move to music on rainy days and sing along.

Make some shakers (pasta in an old sippy cup or similar) and make or buy some cheap percussion instruments. yoghurt pots and saucepans with wooden spoons are fab.

Melody on Cbeebies if fab for listening to classical music and talking about the instruments and how it makes you feel.

If you or other family members play an instrument involve the children in listening to the music and learning about how to look after instruments.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: