Talk

Advanced search

Preschool

(21 Posts)
user1499282478 Thu 06-Jul-17 14:12:07

Hi ladies / gentleman the preschool that my beautiful ds got into has its own chef and kitchen and provides the children with breakfast a snack and lunch the hours are only 9-12 are your kids fed 3 times for free at preschool ????

Fruitcocktail6 Thu 06-Jul-17 14:15:45

I think only the preschool will be able to answer that.

Lunch is likely for children who do the longer hours.

user1499282478 Thu 06-Jul-17 14:53:02

I already did they get breakfast at 9 snack at 10:15 and lunch at 11.

PineappleScrunchie Thu 06-Jul-17 14:54:02

That's ridiculous.

user1499282478 Thu 06-Jul-17 14:54:55

What's ridiculous about it can I ask ??

Purdyandwheezy Thu 06-Jul-17 15:03:15

I think it's ridiculous as well. They will be spending so much time of that three hours just sitting down.
Also I think 9 is far too late for breakfast so most will have breakfast before leaving, then eat at 9, 10.15 and 11. Then will need a pretty substantial snack at some point in the afternoon because they have had lunch so early.

Fruitcocktail6 Thu 06-Jul-17 15:03:21

That's a ridiculous amount of meals for three hours.

I work in a preschool where most children attend 9-12, they just get snack.

PineappleScrunchie Thu 06-Jul-17 15:45:09

1. 9am too late for breakfast
2. 11am too early for lunch
3. It's too much food for just over two hours
4. They must be eating for more time than they are playing
5. What are they going without if they can afford a chef on govt funded hours only.

user1499282478 Thu 06-Jul-17 22:03:09

Pp they don't scrimp on anything the place is class. They are providing my son with his favourite toys so he doesn't have to bring his own in and they have a wooden rocking horse with his name on it.the place is immaculate and completely secure the staff are so good with all the children the only thing I'm unsure of is every month they run animal farm where a sheep or pig or dog is brought to one of the four playground areas for the children to feed and pet the animals

hrfvenia Thu 06-Jul-17 22:08:08

At my nursery breakfast (toast or cereal) served between 815-830, snack of fruit at 10 and lunch at 1130.

Depending on what the breakfast and snack are I wouldn't really question it.

It may also be offered as a 'rolling' table where children come and go as they please, so if a child isn't hungry, they simply don't sit down.

StringyPotatoes Thu 06-Jul-17 22:13:35

9am is far too late for breakfast and who on Earth has lunch at 11?!

I work in a Pre-School. Doors open at 8:50. Snack (parents are on a rota to provide) is at 10ish. Lunch is 11:50. Nothing for the rest of the day which ends at 2:50. There used to be afternoon snack but it was felt that none of the kids actually needed food after just 2hrs and the kids were spending too much time sitting down to eat.

I struggle to actually believe the OP...

happystory Thu 06-Jul-17 22:21:15

Personalised rocking horse??!!

BackforGood Thu 06-Jul-17 23:08:35

How bizarre.
Most pre-schools that are only open for a 'school hours' morning, only provide a snack.
That is rather late for breakfast, and way too early for lunch, and how - or why?- they are then squeezing a snack in between is difficult to comprehend.
They will just be sitting eating for most of the time. Not good for anyone.

As for the personalised rocking horse..... hmm

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 06-Jul-17 23:13:18

Do they have flying pigs in the animal farm?

Purdyandwheezy Fri 07-Jul-17 21:35:14

Well if you're so sure it's so amazing then what is the point of this thread? I think all pre schools have similar levels of finding so if yours is having a chef prepare 3 separate meals/ snacks every day and providing personalised rocking horses something else has to give surely?!

insancerre Sat 08-Jul-17 06:25:45

Is it in an area of high poverty?
That's the only reason I can think of for feeding children 3 times in 3 hours. They are eating at the pre school as it's quite possibly the only decent meals they get in a day

wetsnow Sat 08-Jul-17 06:42:00

Do all 26 children in the nursery class get personalised rocking horses? 😂 can't be much room for anything else.

number1wang Sat 08-Jul-17 06:48:03

That's nothing OP, at my child's preschool they all get personalised unicorns on admission. Real unicorns.

fudgepops Sat 08-Jul-17 06:56:18

At our preschool the children do nothing BUT eat. And each of them have a tamed baby animal who can talk, to act as their guide and mentor. Dd has a baby squirrel.

Occasionally they'll take a break from the endless feasting to partake in watersports on the private lake.

user1499282478 Sat 08-Jul-17 08:17:47

Why get snippy about it I'm just saying what they are offering and no they haven't scrimped on anything they got my beautiful ds 2 snas one run by the government and one by a private company who will teach him speech therapy do physio etc as the government will only provide a sna for 2 days

number1wang Sat 08-Jul-17 08:52:37

Because, OP, your language comes across as a bit weird and your post looks like it was intended to show off, clearly I'm not the only one who thought so. If you didn't intend it then you might want to read your posts back to see why it comes across that way to more than one person.

You've now drip fed that your son has additional needs and that can sometimes be difficult I know, my DC has too and lots of other parents here on MN in a similar situation. If you would like to find people to discuss special needs preschool provision with then the SN boards on MN are a good place to start.

If you just want us to answer your original point, then yes, like PPs say, three catered snacks/meals within three hours is too many for a preschooler and it's pretty unanimous on this thread. There's your answer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: