Talk

Advanced search

Why are you applying to this school

(4 Posts)
HamHighMum Thu 23-Mar-17 14:49:32

Filling out application for a pre-prep place (three years old) at an independent school that is hard to get into. Wondering what to put as an answer to the question "Why are you applying to this School". What should I emphasize? What to avoid? I was going to say we have lived in the area for many years, active in the community, I wanted to go but they did not take girls at the time, and I went to boarding school instead. Say nice things about the school. Any thoughts, tips, guidance greatly appreciated. Thank you

HamHighMum Thu 23-Mar-17 14:54:10

Here is the actual question:
In view of the fact that the Pre-Prep School is so heavily oversubscribed it will be very helpful to us if you would provide some further information on why you are applying to this school and why you feel the Pre-Prep School may be best suited to your child’s educational needs throughout the years from age 3 to 7. If there is anything further you wish to add in support of your child’s application you are welcome to send it on an additional sheet with this form.

wickerlampshade Sun 26-Mar-17 11:37:35

This is Highgate presumably? Suggest you move this to the primary education forum and repost with the school name in the title.

CauliflowerSqueeze Sun 26-Mar-17 11:39:46

Look up the website and explain how their ethos and values align with your own.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: