Talk

Advanced search

School admissions

(4 Posts)
Rachelly123 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:49:24

Wondered if anyone could offer any advice - I will be applying for a reception place for dd in Jan next year and currently where I live there are 3 great schools within 1.5 miles - based on last years stats she should be ok for all 3.
My landlord has advised me he is carrying out some major renovations to my home and therefore i would need to move out. The plan is for me to move back in after around 12 months if I want to
I have been looking for another property in the same area but they really don't come up that often.
If I do move - temporarily out of the school catchment are would I be able to use the address of my now current property when I apply?? Or would I need to use the temp address and appeal?

Snap8TheCat Sat 18-Feb-17 19:51:00

You'd need to use the new address. I don't think you could appeal either, it wouldn't be a wrong decision. You could go on he waiting list though.

LadyPenelope68 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:54:08

You would definitely need to use the new address. Also, you wouldn't have right to appeal, as the reason isn't because an error was made.

Rachelly123 Sat 18-Feb-17 20:27:26

Thanks guys. It's very frustrating that this has come at the wrong time. :-(

M

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now