Talk

Advanced search

Numicon

(3 Posts)
Dandansmummy Mon 23-Jan-17 11:09:05

Hello smile I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for numicon resources that aren't going to cost the earth! My son is in nursery and he just had a really positive parents evening, he is quite clever and picks up things quickly. His nursery teacher is wanting to start him on reception work and we are keen to support this at home, he has started to read 3 letter words and figure out how to spell them using Jolly phonics, resources which are available easily and quite cheaply in Amazon etc. The school uses a system called Numicon to teach maths, the sets I've found online are so expensive and most of the packs are teaching packs rather than work books/activity books, does anyone have any ideas where I can get resources for this from that are for home use to support school learning?

Borntoflyinfirst Sun 05-Feb-17 21:51:02

We were offered a Numicon set through the school when dd was in reception so it may be worth asking around local schools to see if they can supply (I had to pay but can't remember how much - I seem to think about £12 but that may be wrong). The nursery may be able to get hold of it for you too.

Dandansmummy Tue 07-Feb-17 21:00:53

Thank you, that's helpful. It did cross my mind to ask nursery but i didn't know if I was being cheeky. I will definetly ask now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now