Talk

Advanced search

Is it ok to change pre schools?

(4 Posts)
Fredp13 Tue 27-Dec-16 09:48:20

My wife and I have just moved house 3 weeks ago, our daughter Skye who's 3 1/2 has been going to the same pre school for over a year now and has settled in and has made some friends and met her best friend Ella there, it took her a while to be able to talk to the teachers as she was so shy.

We now live 30 min walk away but our nearest pre school is only a 5 min walk away and is in the same school as one weve selected when she moves up. (I work in the days and my wife does not drive)

She's only in her pre school until the summer would it be ok to move her to the new pre school or is it really Important to keep her in the current one so no changes for her?

My wife says it's really important to keep her in her current preschool but I feel like it's just too much work for my wife to do this two days a week as it will take at least an hour in the morning and another hour in the afternoon.

My wife told me she feels she's not coping and has been really upset that she can't do everything like the house work etc which we discussed and Ive reassured her I'll be helping her more from now, we also have a 7month baby and she feels shes leaving the elder one out.

I've tried reassuring her and told her she's a great Mum and that she can't do everything and I feel that if we can change Skye's pre school it would be easier for my wife however she's stuck on keeping Skye in the same preschool for Skye's sake and the fact that she used to work there and she knows the teachers probably has something to do with it.

If it's not so important please can you explain why so I can explain to my wife.

I

HSMMaCM Tue 27-Dec-16 12:25:43

I think if your daughter and wife are happy with the current pre school and journey, then maybe you should leave her there. Maybe your wife uses the walk as the baby's nap time in the pushchair?

It is okay to move, but can be hard for children, particularly if she's only there for another 6 months anyway.

If your wife was finding the walk hard, or your daughter was unhappy, I would say move her, because she might make friends she will go to school with in the closer pre school.

You might want to report your post if that is your daughter's real name.

Hoppinggreen Tue 27-Dec-16 12:29:33

I moved my daughters preschool a year before she started school so she went to one where there were other children who she would probably end up at proper school with ( no guarantees but due to geography a pretty good chance)
It really helped her transition into Reception and when my son started school he also knew quite a few people from his preschool

BackforGood Sun 08-Jan-17 23:17:51

I don't think there would be a problem with moving her, but, if your wife is doing the care, drop offs and pick ups, then I guess she has the most say.
Personally I'd move to the nearer one without a doubt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now