In year nursery place for just one term

(4 Posts)
imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan Mon 14-Mar-16 19:35:58

We're moving from Herts to Notts at the beginning of May. This means that four year old DD will be leaving her lovely nursery, which is attached to a primary school. We've already applied for a late application reception place in Notts. I was planning on keeping her at home until September when she'll start school. But her current nursery teacher advised me to try to get her into a nursery up in Notts even though it would be for less than a term. I can see the benefit of this but I'm also worried about unsettling her. What do people think?

BackforGood Mon 14-Mar-16 22:56:12

If she's been used to going to Nursery, then I think she will have that 'expectation' of going, so I would try to find somewhere. However, you might well struggle in May - the way 3 yr funding works, Nurseries are usually full in the Summer Term.

You needn't send her full time though - if you think it would be easier, she could go for a couple of days a week.

imabeautifulfennelcalledjoan Tue 15-Mar-16 07:06:36

You are probably right. I think she needs that stimulation. Also we have a five month old and will be doing up our house as soon as we move in so I may struggle to keep her entertained all day. I'll try the nursery next to our new house but if they're full, I'll look into private ones. Thank you.

Littlefish Fri 18-Mar-16 18:15:15

I work in a nursery and we have a little boy who is just coming for the summer term as his family have just moved house. I wasn't able to offer him much choice over which sessions he could have - he just had to have what was available.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now