Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed re holiday during first week of school nursery

(5 Posts)
HolidayDilemmaF Tue 16-Feb-16 13:29:08

My 3 year old DS will hopefully start at nursery school full time in September.

It's basically a nursery attached to a Catholic primary and runs the same hours as the normal school day.
It's very difficult to get a place in there, but we're hopeful he might just get in as we live right next door. We should find out around Easter time if he has a place or not.

My sister was due to get married in August but has now changed her plans and will be getting married in Cyprus on 7th September.

We'd love to go to the wedding but it would have to be our 'proper holiday' if we did. We'd like to go from sat 3rd to sat 10th September but I have just found out that if DS gets a place in the nursery then he would start on w/c Mon 5th September.

Do you think it would it be really irresponsible for us to go and have him miss the first week and does anybody know if you have to get permission from the school first even though it's a nursery class?

I was going to call the school and ask but thought it may be a bit presumptuous as he hasn't even got a confirmed place yet.

Thank you

gymboywalton Tue 16-Feb-16 13:31:44

he's not legally obliged to go to school so [shrug]

the only problem would be missing out on settling in activities

dementedpixie Tue 16-Feb-16 13:34:30

I wouldn't think you would need permission. When he gets his start date just tell them he will start a week late. They might stagger the days for new starters too

insancerre Tue 16-Feb-16 18:11:47

Just tell them you have a family wedding booked and won't start till the week after.
It will make no difference whatsoever
You don't need permission

HolidayDilemmaF Wed 17-Feb-16 16:45:38

Thank you very much for the replies, I'm going to go ahead and book it.

I've just spoken to a friend who's child goes to the school and she has told me that last year they staggered the the start dates for the nursery children so that works out great too.

Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now