Talk

Advanced search

Preschool languages

(3 Posts)
asomervell Sat 07-Nov-15 14:24:04

Hola! I've just graduated from uni in languages and really want to pass on this passion to children. I'm writing bedtime stories that introduce kids (ages 4+) to foreign languages before primary, and hopefully inspires them to want to learn more.

Below is a really crappy example of an introduction to Spanish, but the idea is to apply this methodology to any language so kids can be introduced to French, Russian, Welsh, whatever.

I'd love your thoughts as parents on the idea!

Alex

romanrainsalot Sat 07-Nov-15 14:38:29

Hi I'd like this and probably would buy something like this. DC is 4, but without wishing to sound like a big headed parent, he does have a natural ability for language and an interest in it, he's always loved the lingo show on cbeebies and Dora the explorer and likes listening to languages when we are away on holiday and picks it up really easily. I'm think this would be good for him.

Have you thought about having online content to supplement the bedtime stories? Perhaps if people bought the book they got an online code to continue the adventures?

Good luck with your venture smile

asomervell Sat 07-Nov-15 14:51:08

Hey! Gracias for the reply smile That's awesome, the lingo show and Dora are exactly the types of programmes we want to build on to make kids fall in love with languages.

We do have a website with the first and second chapter at onethirdstories.com/the-lost-libro/ but we are now going to focus on creating a new story where we get kids all around to contribute their ideas and become 'collaborators' in the story that will introduce them to a variety of different languages...

Thanks again for the response and have a fantástico weekend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now