Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

preschool closing - changing preschool

(3 Posts)
louises21 Tue 27-Oct-15 04:53:06

I would like some advice please, please bear with me as never used website before. My 3 and half year old son has attended preschool (classroom based and quiet small classrooms) which he loves since January 2015 but we had an email today to say it is closing with immediate effect. I have just had a new baby 2 weeks ago and do not know whether to start my son at a new preschool straight away or wait until January or not send him at all as he starts school September 2016 but i worry he will get bored at home. There is a village preschool he could attend and will get to know children he will go to school with but it is based in a hall and is noisy which i dont think he will like and i worry he will mot settle there and i worry all this change in short period will be hard for him to cope as he hates change. He village preschool has good ofsted but i worry as it is so different to his current preschool whether he will adjust. I am hetting very stressed about this as i feel so sorry for my son who never hit the chance to say goodbye to his friends and teachers who he bonded with

Littlefish Tue 27-Oct-15 20:16:19

I would suggest seeing whether your ds could do a few settling in sessions at the village pre-school and see how he gets on. You need to speak to the local authority funding team to make sure that his funding can be transferred over to a new setting.

louises21 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:47:40

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately we have now found out the village preschool has no places. We have found another one 5 miles away which seems nice but it will mean 3 days 9am to 2.30pm and he currently gets picked up at midday so i dont know how he will deal with extra hours. My son has been crying all day that he misses his friends and doesnt want a new preschool or new friends as he wants his old preschool and old friends, it is so upsetting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now