Advanced search

Preschool Concerns

(4 Posts)
jackiefrost Fri 16-Oct-15 18:54:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MiaowTheCat Sat 17-Oct-15 11:24:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Littlefish Sat 17-Oct-15 15:03:28

The maximum legal ratio is 1 adult to 13 children if one of those adults is a qualified teacher (or possibly, has Early Years Professional Status, but I'm not sure about this). There will be times when children are encouraged to play by themselves - this is part of being at nursery. They will not be in a group with an adult all the time.

Shoes on the wrong feet, jumper on when warm really wouldn't worry me. A I would be pleased that my child had obviously had a go at putting their own shoes on. I also think that for most children, if they are too hot/cold, they will do something about it.

You need to do some more work with your ds on wiping himself. With a ratio of 1:13, it simply isn't possible for an adult to be available everytime a child has done a poo. Does your ds tell anyone that he needs help?

It sounds to me like you aren't happy with the way things are run at the pre-school so you either need to have a conversation with them and see if you are prepared to work with them on these issues, or move him elsewhere.

MrEBear Sat 17-Oct-15 19:07:03

Lots of little issues.
The thing with the other boy could happen anywhere. He just has to learn not to follow others who get him into trouble.
Kids can be stubborn when they have tried to do something for themselves ie the shoes / jumper.
I'd be more worried about the tree incident. And the lack of supervision.

If he has 2 years left in preschool I'd consider moving him but if he starts school in2016 I'd leave it. Wouldn't want to unsettle him when after Christmas they'll be starting to get them ready for school and discussing school visits etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: