Talk

Advanced search

Formal black school shoes for 2YO

(10 Posts)
Dontloookbackinanger Tue 11-Aug-15 15:31:48

Have scoured the shops this morning trying to find black formal school shoes in size 6 (infant). DS starts pre-school in September and needs smart black shoes in non-trainer style.
Tried Clarks, Start Rite and, reluctantly, the expensive children's boutique...all without success. I then looked online and even John Lewis couldn't help. Where oh where can I get some from?

DirtyWeeRascal Tue 11-Aug-15 15:34:03

I got some smart black size 5 (infant) shoes in Debenhams for a wedding I attended in May. Worth a look there?

LittleBearPad Tue 11-Aug-15 15:42:46

Start rite John shoes look they might be ok.
startriteshoes.com/school-shoes/john-black-leather-boys-lace-up-classic-shoes

LittleBearPad Tue 11-Aug-15 15:43:08

They are £55 though shock

Olivo Tue 11-Aug-15 16:18:43

Can you try one of the supermarkets?

BertrandRussell Tue 11-Aug-15 16:23:57

Time to tell the school this they are being ridiculous?

dementedpixie Tue 11-Aug-15 16:24:25

Why on earth does a 2 year old need smart black shoes?? They should be playing about at that age with casual shoes on their feet

dementedpixie Tue 11-Aug-15 16:25:28

Mine wore trainers or wellies or some other comfortable footwear mot impractical school shoes. Ridiculous idea

Binit Tue 11-Aug-15 16:30:29

I have never heard of such a requirement for a 2yo. Most places are insistent upon practicality.

Anyway looks like startrite do some, you perhaps need to order if they weren't instore.

www.startriteshoes.com/boys-shoes/all-boys-styles/john-black-leather-boys-lace-up-classic-shoes

Dontloookbackinanger Tue 11-Aug-15 17:04:07

Thanks everyone, I think Debenhams will be my best bet. I've looked online and they do the smaller sizes. Completely agree that the shoe requirement is crazy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now