Talk

Advanced search

Teaching English as a foreign language in DD's pre-school

(3 Posts)
Booboostoo Thu 30-Oct-14 16:27:52

I live in France. My DD has just started pre-school and her school is looking for a volunteer to teach English as a foreign language to the 5yos (not my DD's class). I have a background in education, I was a lecturer in philosophy, but no particular experience of either teaching English as a foreign language or of teaching young children.

Does anyone know of any resources on line that might help guide me? I've applied for an on line course with the British Council but I am not sure if I will be accepted as I do not fit their student profile.

rosiecg Tue 04-Nov-14 19:09:26

Google i-to-i tefl. They have a short online course relating to teaching young learners, which is pretty good. If you hunt around on their website they offer lots of free resources and lesson plans etc too.

I have taught EFL in France to little ones in the past and found it a great experience. We played lots of games and used songs and stories to teach vocab. For example, the Very Hungry Caterpillar is good for teaching names of fruits.

Good luck!

Booboostoo Tue 04-Nov-14 19:39:47

Thank you, will look into it.

I have just signed up to a course run by the British Council which should, hopefully, he.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now