Talk

Advanced search

Independent Schools in Blackheath/Greenwich Area

(4 Posts)
Indy24 Tue 28-Oct-14 17:11:59

Hello Everyone,
I am new to mumsnet and would need some advise on schools for DS. He will turn 3 next april and i was told by my friend to look out for schools as soon as possible as there could be a waiting list. We are planning to move to Blackheath area soon and was wondering if anyone can suggest good independent schools in that area. I have seen the websites of Colfe's,Pointer and Blackheath prep. Not sure which one is good as there were conflicting reviews. Could you please be very kind and suggest which ones are good. Also, please do let me know if there are any other independent schools in the blackheath area

hardestdecisionever Thu 30-Oct-14 10:16:41

There is St Dunstan's College as well that have had an outstanding from ISI for their nursery and pre prep department.

hatsybatsy Fri 31-Oct-14 14:47:49

OP - all of those schools have their supporters and detractors. My kids are at BP and very happy there but I know people who could say the same about the others.

There's also Heath House - a bit smaller but seems to get great 11+ results.

For BP there is no real advantage to registering early. BP he would have an interview the May before starting in Nursery- so May 2016 from what you have said.

Colfes also have a selection process now - not sure of the timeline.

But for Pointers/Heath House, you could register now to get a place. Maybe go and look at all of them?

hatsybatsy Fri 31-Oct-14 14:48:42

St Dunstans is in Catford - not so handy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now