Talk

Advanced search

fundraising ideas for preschool please

(7 Posts)
Clarinet9 Sun 14-Sep-14 13:46:35

Does anyone have any good ideas or recommendations?
we have done
tea towels
calendars
photos
raffle cake baking at local fair
cards at Christmas

and probably a few more

I am looking for a good name tag company because we have lots of new kids but was hoping others on here might have some suggestions

TIA

JimmyCorkhill Sun 14-Sep-14 19:28:27

My friend's pre school gave all the children a tube of Smarties for an Easter gift and asked the parents to return the tubes filled with coins. Cake Sales have been lucrative for our preschool. Easy to do as the parents provide the cakes and you can sell them outside so no fuss.

Clarinet9 Mon 15-Sep-14 13:43:17

thanks

we are all a bit over cakes I think
I have about 6 to make this week alone!

(mostly my fault I want to make cakes for 2 friends and have been perpetually out of flour or sugar etc.
Now no excuse

JimmyCorkhill Mon 15-Sep-14 16:37:10

My other friend (I have 2 you know grin) has a reception aged son who had a good school fundraiser. It was a scavenger hunt. He had a sheet of paper with a grid of about 12 squares. Each square had a title written on it eg. something red/a flower/something you can eat... and he had to sellotape the item in the box. One of the boxes said 'a £1 coin'. Clever eh?! I have no idea if there was a prize for the winner/each child but it was a fun way to get a quid from everyone.

dannydyerismydad Mon 06-Oct-14 17:13:19

Bumping! My DS's nursery has a big shortfall to plug this year, on an area with a lot of low income families. We are looking for some easy wins. If there is such a thing.

eversomuch Tue 11-Nov-14 21:25:23

Same boat as you, although our area is pretty well off. I'm planning to identify some local businesses that might have some cash and then write to them to ask for donations. Law firms, etc. Hoping it will bring something in. Good luck.

hatsybatsy Wed 12-Nov-14 10:49:15

silent auction?

get parents (or their employers) to donate prizes. Restaurants are usually happy to donate meal vouchers, and local shops might donate hampers etc?

you then list the prizes and give parents a set amount of time to post their 'bids' - into a box with the receptionist perhaps? or via email?

each prize is awarded to the highest bidder.

simple - works well as long as you don't do it too often!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now