Talk

Advanced search

Puzzles

(2 Posts)
CouthyMow Mon 10-Feb-14 02:18:36

At just turned 3yo, what sort of puzzles would it be 'usual' to complete without any adult help?

My DS3 was 3yo two weeks ago, is finding 24 piece puzzles far too easy, and can manage a 50 piece puzzle without help.

Preschool are saying that that is advanced for his age. I'm unsure, as my older DC's HATED jigsaw puzzles, still do.

For clarity, DS3 has GDD, development generally is currently between 8 months and 26 months in most areas. He also has Speech delay, and is barely speaking in 2/3 word sentences, though his receptive speech has blossomed in the last 6 weeks.

Yet in single words, he can count to 13, and has been able to for 6 months, he can name most shapes (we are having issues differentiating between hexagon and pentagon at the moment), and puzzles just seem to be his 'thing'.

What can I do to encourage his love of all things 'number'?

HSMMaCM Mon 10-Feb-14 07:31:04

Have you got wood block shapes, that he can join in different ways and you can use them to add new words (shape, size, colour, etc)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now