Talk

Advanced search

Bedford schools

(3 Posts)
Mumofvivaan Wed 19-Sep-12 12:09:21

Hi there

I had a question which I hope one of you can help me with. I am aiming for my son to get into the Bedford Modern School once he reaches that age. Do you think that it is important for him to go to Pilgrims and some such Harpur Trust independent schools before that to be able to be considered favourably for Bedford Modern.

Pilgrims is obviously on the expensive side, and I was hoping that at least till 7 year old, I could do some money-saving by putting him elsewhere. I am torn! Help me!

Thanks so much in advance
M

cheesedoffnow Mon 24-Sep-12 12:30:28

Bedford Modern is now the hardest school to get into as there is more pressure due to the number of girls applying. Pilgrims know exactly the standard your child will need to get to and be able to advise.

However, Bedford Modern should be able to provide a booklet detailing the levels your son will be able to perform at, certainly for maths and english. Pilgrims may be more than you had bargained for but may be cheaper in the long-run. I have seen many families whose sons have got into Bedford and not Bedford Modern, but have known that the former will cost significantly more later on. Hope this helps. Also, what about Polam school ? I have seen no evidence that the fact that Pilgrims is a Harpur trust school helps with the entry.

Mumofvivaan Tue 25-Sep-12 11:46:22

Hiya, thanks so much for the response. This really helps. My confusion came from the fact that Pilgrims is called a 'feeder' school for Bedford Modern. Yes, Polam definitely looks good. Will go for their open day. Thanks again for your response!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now