Talk

Advanced search

Average pay for a PreSchool Administrator

(3 Posts)
outofthefryingpan Sat 24-Sep-11 14:41:45

Hi, I'm just doing a bit of research to establish what committee run PreSchools are paying their administrators.

I'd be very interested to hear from anybody who can advise. Our Administrator is unhappy with his pay so it would be useful to make a comparison with what everyone else is paying.

Loopymumsy Sat 24-Sep-11 21:28:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ExpectoPatronum Sat 24-Sep-11 22:46:26

ha ha ha ha ha ha

(that is the sound of me laughing hollowly, in case you were wondering)

I get £7.02 an hour, for 39 weeks of term time + 4 weeks holiday. This is then added up and divided by 12 so I get paid in August too, despite not working (allegedly).

I am allowed to claim overtime for things like committee meetings or doing end of month financial tasks during school holidays.

We outsource our payroll to the administrator of a neighbouring preschool because I don't know the first thing about it. We pay her £10 / hr to do it, but this is more than she gets routinely for her administrative job.

I am confident that while my pay is unimpressive, it is standard for preschool administrators in our area. Our local Sure Start office does an annual audit of staff roles and pay, and publishes the results anonymously, which is useful for benchmarking pay. £7 an hour in this area seems standard-to-generous.

Apart from the lack of payroll expertise, I am well experienced in the role and shit-hot grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now