Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone own The Oxford Fun With... Collection - 10 Books

(3 Posts)
Lovefruitsandvegs Mon 12-Sep-11 13:40:03

I wonder about the illustrations?
I have recently purchased Lett's Fun Learning For 3-5 Year Olds Collection and the illustrations are in pink colour only. Very boring and my kid is not interested in these books. Would have to sell them.

Tarenath Tue 13-Sep-11 07:13:32

We have these. To be honest, I don't think they've been taken out of their packet. We ended up using different resources. The pictures are very black and white, sometimes with one other colour. The pages look quite busy too, as if they tried to fit too many examples on one page and illustrations can be quite small too.

We found we got on better with things like the First Time Learning series. It looks quite bland on the outside but the illustrations are bold and well spaced for us. They also come with stickers. I think it's standard across any workbooks that illustrations are only 1/2 colour but at least the FTL series changes which colour they use in each book.

Lovefruitsandvegs Tue 13-Sep-11 10:48:10

We have got workbooks for our older child from the same publisher but the books are full of colourful illustrations. These use only one colour - pink. I am not going to chase the Oxford books either as they sound pretty boring too. Next time I am in the town, I go to WHS and check the books in store. Thank you for your response. Very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now