Talk

Advanced search

Nursery Application?

(3 Posts)
OhCobblers Sat 03-Sep-11 23:25:29

I can't seem to find the info on my relevant Local Authority website, but am i right in thinking that if i want to apply to a Nursery attached to local Primary School then that would be at the end of this year, ie, the same start and cut off times as a Reception place?

DC2 turns 3 next year so presumably it would be for a place starting in Sep 2012?

TIA

HoneyPablo Sun 04-Sep-11 08:43:16

Totally depends on the nursery. Some accept children from two and a half. In some areas you can even get funding for 2 year olds. Some nurseries will accept children at any time during the year. Some nurseries attached to schools are owned and run privately as a business, even though they are based on the same site as the school.
Have a look on the school website, or just phone and ask for a prospectus and ask if you can book a visit just to have a look.

Kitty0608 Mon 19-Sep-11 13:48:18

DS gets his free 15 hours for nurser nursery in Jan 2012 (but will be staying at the private nursery which he already attends) and will be starting the nursery attached to the local primary school in Sept 2012 and I applied just after his 2nd birthday (December 2010). Not sure if this is normal for all school nurseries or if just my area (Tyne & Wear).

I agree with previous post & ring the nursery as you may need name down ASAP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now