Talk

Advanced search

Nursery polo shirts far too big

(10 Posts)
swiminthesea Wed 24-Aug-11 21:39:14

DS starts school nursery in 2 weeks. He has just turned 3 and is quite small. The smallest school logo polo shirts and sweatshirts are huge on him - half way down his thighs. Whats the best way to deal with this? In particular worried that the polo shirts will get messed up when he goes to the toilet.

Do you think it would be acceptable to wear plain polo shirts until he grows a bit?

Hebrewlass Wed 24-Aug-11 21:57:19

Have you washed them yet ? I bet they will shrink . Am fully expecting ( and hoping ) mine will . If they don't put them in the tumble dryer , that's sure to do it !

thisisyesterday Wed 24-Aug-11 22:07:02

i would second tumble drying them if you have one.

if not then send him in plain ones for sure

swiminthesea Wed 24-Aug-11 22:10:25

Thanks for the advice. No tumble dryer, but do you think washing on too high a temperature would work?

inmysparetime Thu 25-Aug-11 19:00:16

60 degree wash usually does the trick, perhaps you could use a friend's tumble dryer?
If it's still too long, you could safety pin the front up a bit in the middle to avoid mishaps but still keep tucked in.

toomanyprojects Thu 25-Aug-11 22:09:41

It might be worth checking if they can get a smaller size though. I do the ordering for our PreSchool uniforms and we used to order 3/4 and 5/6 but I have started offering 1/2 as well for the little ones. (Some of the children start at 2 so 3/4 is way too big!)

Cereal Sat 10-Sep-11 20:50:20

Ask the staff if they could consider adding a smaller size to the options, or failing that ask if they could put you in touch with the manufacturer to request them yourself.

fanjobiscuit Sat 10-Sep-11 20:57:22

If washing /tumble drying doesn't work why not just cut a wodge off the end of the shirt and hem it?

Cereal Sat 10-Sep-11 22:33:38

Cut the logo off and sew it on a smaller one?

maxybrown Mon 12-Sep-11 17:42:34

You don't HAVE to use the school logo ones though. I won't be doing as they cost too much IMO and he can have those maybe when he starts in reception. Just buy plain ones that fit! Then save these big ones for next year grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now